Lenovo EMC PX12-450R Network Storage Array with 12 Hot Swap Bays, Diskless
Lenovo & LenovoEMC Devices -End of Service Life
After March 31, 2020, Lenovo will no longer provide security updates or technical support for the following devices: Lenovo ix4-300d & LenovoEMC px2-300d, px4-300d, px6-300d, px4-400d, px4-400r, px4-300r, px12-400r, px12-450r.
What does this mean? Lenovo is ending their LenovoEMC storage division and will no longer offer warranty or technical support for any LenovoEMC products. Certain features will no longer be available to access such as personal cloud, photo upload service, network video recorder. For more information on the LenovoEMC end of service, refer to Lenovo’s website.
LenovoEMC storage units will still function normally as a network attached storage device to backup or transfer files between devices connected on the same network.
LENOVO EMC PX12-450R ENTERPRISE-CLASS BUSINESS SOLUTION FOR SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZED BUSINESSES AND DISTRIBUTED ENTERPRISES.
The Lenovo EMC PX12-450R Network Storage Array is a powerful network storage solution offering the highest levels of performance and advanced data protection for small- to medium-sized businesses and the distributed enterprise. Powered by enterprise-class LenovoEMC storage technology, the Lenovo EMC px12-450r offers advanced data protection features such as multiple RAID levels with hot swap drives, UPS support, user quotas, embedded cloud convenience, data deduplication, snapshots, device-to-device data replication and certification for most virtualization environments. As the highest performing px Series device, the px12-450r offers up to 48TB of storage and Solid State Drive compatibility – an ideal combination for production data stores, backup-to-disk target and server virtualization solutions.
Lenovo EMC PX12-450R Network Storage Array Benefits
EMBEDDED CLOUD TECHNOLOGY
Lenovo offers a fast and efficient “on-ramp” to the cloud along with fl exible options for safeguarding business-critical data. With Lenovo, you have unprecedented choices, including personal and hybrid (public/private) clouds, to meet your business, budget and data protection needs. Regardless of approach, Lenovo ensures that files and folders can be easily backed up directly from any Lenovo device to the cloud — it’s really that simple and seamless to ensure vital business data is safe and sound.
VIDEO SURVEILLANCE STORAGE
With Lenovo network storage devices, it’s easy to view, archive, protect and share physical security video and audio files. The Lenovo EMC px12-450r can easily be set up as a storage target for your security installations. It also comes with a built-in video surveillance solution, Mindtree® SecureMind™ Surveillance Manager, to deliver a stand-alone VMS that easily sets up recordings and configurations directly and offers live monitoring, video recording, and easy, fast video playback from multiple IP cameras.
NETWORK STORAGE HIGHLIGHTS
- Powered by LenovoEMC storage technology
- Supports PC, Mac & Linux clients
- Certified for VMware , Citrix XenServer, and Windows Server
- Flexible configurations of a diskless option, storage pools and configurable RAID
- Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration support
- Built-in anti-virus scanning and cleaning with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Embedded Cloud Technology including EMC Atmos Cloud Connector, EMC Avamar data deduplication, LenovoEMC Personal Cloud, Mozy Pro, and Amazon S3
- Video Surveillance ready with Mindtree SecureMind Video Management System (VMS) application, including one IP camera license
Lenovo EMC PX12-450R Features
Enhanced Operating System – Powerful LenovoEMC LifeLine software allows users to store and manage all of their valuable data on one centralized, secure, affordable storage appliance.
System Status Dashboard – The LenovoEMC LifeLine system status dashboard provides a one-stop-shop for space usage, device information, control, and status. If one of these components has encountered an error, you are linked to the page that requires your attention.
RAID Support – RAID 1, 10, 5, 6, & hot spare, automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap. RAID 0 and JBOD mode also available.
Quad Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity – With high performance embedded architecture with optional 10GbE card.
iSCSI Target – Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with five level storage access via CIFS/NFS. Includes support for persistent reservations.
IVX (Integrated Virtualization Technology) – Run multiple virtual machines (VMs). VMs can be running Linux or Windows and can have their own private virtualized hardware, such as network cards, drives, and graphics adapters.
Snapshots – Allows backup of a source volume at a certain point in time and restore to the source volume, reverting to its state at the time.
SSD Caching (Cache Pools) – Pool of solid-state drives designed to increase read and write speeds
Simplified Backup – PC Backup with Acronis.
Deduplicating Backup with EM® Avamar – Equipped with integrated data deduplication technology, Avamar facilitates fast, daily full backups significantly reducing backup windows.
Sharing – Access files from any networked Windows PC, Linux or Mac for easy file sharing and data backup.
LenovoEMC™ Link – LenovoEMC Link gives you a direct link to your Lenovo device via your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or Android mobile device.
Remote Access – You can safely connect to your valuable files from anywhere in the world, through an internet connection.
Power Savings – Idle drive spin-down reduces power consumption; a variable-speed fan ensures that only the right amount of power is used to cool your device.
Power Handling Improvements – Scheduled power off/Wake On LAN supports the ability for a device to ‘go to sleep’ and shut itself down or ‘wake on’ when there is little to no traffic or activity to reduce power consumption.
Encrypted Volume – Allows you to create an encrypted volume with an assigned password; thus securing the data on the encrypted volume.
Anti-Virus Scanning – Built-in anti-virus scanning and cleaning with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.
Network File Protocols Supported – CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
Virtual Environment Support – VMware®, Citrix XenServer™ and Windows® certified for NFS (VMware only) & iSCSI.
Device-to-Device Data Replication – Replicate your data from Lenovo network storage device to Lenovo network storage device, to an external USB drive, or to another network target.
Backup-to-Disk (B2D) Target – With HCL listing, Lenovo network storage products are identified as compatible disk targets for Symantec™ Backup Exec™ software. • Video Surveillance – Use as a Surveillance Storage Target and simply store surveillance video on up to 48TB of capacity and utilize remote management; or get an all encompassing solution that blends smart storage, leading VMS software and IP cameras with the Integrated Video Management System (IVMS), connecting up to 48 cameras per device with Mindtree® SecureMind™ Surveillance Manager; utilize cloud technology for a low-cost solution with the Hosted Video Surveillance Solution (HVSS).
Personal Cloud Technology – The ultimate data protection and remote access solution for SMBs, this web-based solution protects valuable business information and is completely self-owned, so there are no usage or subscription charges.
Cloud Backup Options – Back up selected files directly from your Lenovo network storage to the MozyConnect™, Atmos or Amazon S3™ storage clouds for off-site safekeeping of important data. Additional charges apply.
Solid State Drive Support – For I/O intensive applications, the px12-450r can be fitted with solid state drives to boost performance.
Mac OS X Lion and Time Machine® Support – Supports Mac Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 and Time Machine, allowing the Lenovo device to serve as a Time Machine target for your Apple computers.
User Quotas – Manage capacity by setting a maximum for shared storage.
UPS Support – Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
Expandability – Add storage capacity by connecting external USB Hard Disk Drives; read and write on Fat32, NTFS, HFS+, or ext2/ext3/ext4 formatted hard disks.
Active Directory High Availability (HA) and Hybrid Authentication – Allows users to connect to multiple domain controllers, accessing the secondary if the primary is unavailable and allows for local authentication mode if central (remote) DC is not available.
Lenovo EMC PX12-450R Specifications
- Form Factor: 2U
- Maximum capacity: 48TB (12 x 3.5″, 4TB SATA HDDs) **HDD NOT INCLUDED**
- Four (4) 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet ports
- Intel Quad-Core 2.5GHz E3-1265Lv2 Xeon Processor
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Support for 2x 10GbE through optional 10GbE PCI card
- RAID Support: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6 and hot spare; JBOD; automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap.
- Redundant Power Supply: Ships with dual hot swappable power supplies for 1+1 redundancy
- Power Consumption
- Max: 190W
- Min: 55W (drives spun down)
- Peak: 260W for 10s
- USB 2.0 Ports: 3 (one front, two rear)
- LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Network File Protocols Supported: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP
- iSCSI (256 hosts maximum)
- Block storage pools: 32 LUNS maximum per pool. 128 LUNs maximum per device.
- File storage pools: 256 LUNs Maximum per pool. 256 LUNs maximum per device.
- Integrations: Windows Active Directory including Active Directory Hybrid Authentication (ADHA), Trusted Domains, Microsoft Cluster Server, and Hyper-V Live Migration support
- AC Voltage 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Acoustic noise – 48.5 dBA maximum
- VGA port for local display of video management with MindTree SecureMind VMS App
- Warranty: 3 year limited
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012
- VMware vSphere ESX 5.1 iSCSI and NAS
- XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 21.375″ (54.29cm) x 19.0″ (48.26cm) x 3.5″ (8.89cm)
- Weight: 30.8 lbs (13.97 kg) with 0 HDDs; 36.56 lbs (16.58 kg) with 4 HDDs; 48.08 lbs (21.81 kg) with 12 HDDs
Server will ship diskless; HDD/SSD are not included.