IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter for IBM System x
This IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter SSD-based high-performance server-class storage adapter can provide the performance required for extensive computations while utilizing a reduced storage footprint.
- 640 GB of SSD storage in a standard PCIe adapter: significantly lower power and cooling costs, low management overhead, smaller storage footprint in the datacenter, and a much greener storage solution
- An alternative to SSD-based hard drives: higher IOPS performance, lower cost per IOP, higher endurance, and efficiency of scale-up
- IBM® branding: a single point of serviceability and enterprise-grade warranty to enable interoperability with a variety of IBM and partner products
- The ability to do more with less during these tough economic times: lower operational expenditure (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX) in applications that require high IOPS compared to solutions that use a larger number of HDD and SSD devices to achieve equivalent IOPS
IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter Overview
The 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter for IBM System x® comes with all the benefits of standard storage. Furthermore, it features enterprise-class high performance of up to 200,000 sustained IOPS. This adapter is designed primarily for performance hungry, high-performance servers and computing appliances while providing the added benefits of lower power and cooling costs, low management overhead, and a smaller storage footprint.
Based on standard PCIe architecture coupled with silicon-based NAND clustering storage technology, the High IOPS SSD PCIe Adapter is optimized for System x racks and blades. The scalable design comes in 640 GB capacity with Multi level cell (MLC) technology in a full-height, half-length PCI-e form factor.
This adapter uses NAND flash memory as the basic building block of solid-state storage and contains no moving parts; thus is less sensitive to issues associated with vibration, noise, and mechanical failure. The adapter is built as a block device on a PCIe bus with advanced wear-leveling, 11-bit ECC, and N+1 chip-level redundancy. The adapter provides unparalleled reliability and efficiency.
Whether enabling high-performance computing or reducing the storage footprint, IBM offers High IOPS SSD PCIe Adapters to meet your computational requirements. This adapter is compatible with a wide variety of System x systems.
Providing that additional peace of mind, your High IOPS PCIe Adapter purchase is covered under IBM warranty.
IBM 640GB High IOPS MLC Duo Adapter Technical Information
- Height: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Width: 110 mm (4.331 in)
- Depth: 170 mm (6.693 in)
- Weight: 279 g (0.61 lb)
- Please allow 1mm difference for manual measurements.
- Box size: 9 x 9 x 3 inches
- Approximate weight: 1.5 lbs
- Temperature: – 0° to 55° C (32° to 131° F) at 0 to 914 m (0 to 3,000 ft)
- Temperature: – 10° to 32° C (50° to 90° F) at 914 to 3,048 m (3,000 to 10,000 ft)
- Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Maximum altitude: 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Part numbers: 81Y4518
There are no reviews yet.