Lenovo Iomega IX2 Diskless 2-Bay Desktop Attached Network Storage EU/UK
The Lenovo Iomega IX2 Network Storage, 2-bay is a compact and affordable desktop network storage server that is perfect for small businesses, home offices, or advanced home networks. This SM10G78634 diskless network storage offers content sharing, data protection, and basic video surveillance capabilities. Slide the front panel up and off for tool-less hard drive disk installation. Hard drives not included.
Included power cord has two interchangeable outlet options: VDE and BS, for the UK and Europe.
As this was made for the European market, it does not include a plug for a standard American outlet.
Lenovo Iomega IX2 Network Storage Product Features
Ease of use:
- Easy three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and download the integrated LenovoEMC™ Storage Manager software.
- User friendly web-based management interface. Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages.
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
Simple Content Sharing:
- Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
- Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
- File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
- LenovoEMC™ Link iOS & Android application: LenovoEMC™ Link gives you a direct link to your IX2 via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and stream content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes or Android Market)
- Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web
Powerful Backup & Restore Functionality
- Time Machine® Support: allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the IX2.
- Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect™ to replicate data from your ix2 to your public cloud account.
- Data Replication / Device to Device Copy Jobs Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share including LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud locations using the rsync or CIFS protocol. Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Configuration Backup and Restore: allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and Share names and permissions.
- Symantec Backup: Lenovo network storage products are identified as compatible disk targets for Backup Exec software.
Advanced Disk & Power Management
- Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the ix2.
- Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the IX2.
Advanced Business Features
- Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the ix2 to utilize the domain users and groups.
- iSCSI target: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2 / ext3 / ext4, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data organization and access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMCsystem, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on an ix2 from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
Lenovo Iomega IX2 Network Storage Technical Specifications
|Form Factor||Desktop form factor; supports up to 2 3.5″ SATA HDDs (HDDs not included)|
|Ethernet||1 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports (RJ45 connector)|
|AC Voltage||100-240 VAC|
|Acoustic Noise||25.6 dBA maximum|
|Temperature, Humidity, and Altitude|
|User Interface Localization||User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, Dutch, and Polish.|