- Slim Line Optical
Compatibility MAC / PC
- Slim line optical size are always 12.7mm
height, just recently some manufactures released SuperSlim 9.5mm
height "thickness." Although
small, these lack in performance.
- Physical Dimension:
- One simple answer:
they are all the same! Manufacturer's follow set standards just like hard drives, so don't ask yourself if the drive will fit. If your system uses slim 12.7mm drives like the pictured below, then it will fit!
- Some OEMs like DELL and HP use a shell case that envelops the CD or DVD
drive. In this case one must remove the old drive from the shell case and
replace / upgrade the internal bare drive. Bare drive without shell casing, rail, or adapter will always look like
- Bezel / Front plate.
Dell and HP often use their own stylish bezel. A generic black bezel
such as the one in this picture may not match the color or shape of your
system. Apple "the smarter
one" uses slot load slim drive and place their drive inside the
computer eliminating the need for a front bezel completely.
Like hard drives, Slim CD/DVD must be set to ether slave or master. Because there is no jumper on the drive to change one to another it is important to know if your system requires the drive to be set as a Master. Apple and a few Toshiba systems require Master drives, however most use Cable Select-Slave / Master. Typically the drive is set to master or slave by the system cable configuration. If the optical drive is not configured properly, it will not be detected by the BIOS or you will get IDE #1 error when you start the system.
- All Apple / MAC which use Slim Line require a Master Drive. Check out this site for a great “How To” guide for MAC: http://www.ifixit.com/guide
- Toshiba Users.
- If you own a Toshiba notebook, chances are your optical drive is Master inverted C-SEL. If you update your optical drive with anything other then inverted C-SEL you will get the infamous IDE #1 error during boot.
From our web site www.centrix-intl.com search keyword"inverted".
- Toshiba SD-R6472 is set by default as
CS-Slave. Sold out
- NEC ND-6500 is set by default as
- Pioneer DVR-K05 Firmware Rev 1.30 C-SEL Master. Come with generic black bezel. See
- Pioneer DVR-K05PD Apple Firmware C-SEL Master. Bezel not included unless requested See
- Pioneer DVR-K05-M Master
Inverted C-SEL. Come with generic black bezel. See
- Panasonic UJ-840 Frimware Rev 1.41 C-SEL. Come with generic black bezel. See
- Sony DW-Q58A C-SEL. Come with
generic black bezel. See
- Toshiba TSST TS-L532A / SD-R6472 C-SEL. Come with generic black bezel. Sold out
- Toshiba TSST TS-L532A-M Master
Inverted C-SEL. Come with generic black bezel. Sold out
- DVR-K05 reject disk
"My drive does not accept CD or DVD disk, It reject all of
- Many thanks to Marco
Kathuria who provided this information.
- NEC ND-6500 Available generic black bezel. Sold out
- NEC ND-6100 Available generic black bezel.
- Toshiba TSST TS-L532A + DVD-RAM Come with generic black
We cannot confirm system-specific compatibility. The pertinent issues are
- Centrix International Corp www.centrix-intl.com
- Copyright © 1995-2007 Centrix
International Corp. All rights reserved